Varsha Bioscience & Technology
Research & Development
The in-house R&D unit of Varsha, named Prof. TN Ananthakrishnan Innovation Centre (PTNAIC) was developed and set up in 2010. It operates with a team of highly qualified and motivated scientists working under the supervision of Dr. A John Peter. The research center was awarded the DSIR recognition (Reg No: TU/IV-RD/3602/2015) by the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India for its significant research contributions on eco-friendly and non-toxic bio inputs targeting the improvement of soil, plant and water health conditions. Over a period, Varsha has developed several products through research on agriculture, horticulture, aquaculture, and environmental management.
Varsha works closely with premier universities and research institutions under a public-private partnership (PPP) program. It also trains undergraduate and graduate students of various universities by imparting its research outcome under skill development programs. The center is also recognized for Doctoral research programs under the Prime Minister Fellowship Program.
The in-house R&D center’s objective is to ensure quality projects are
- Optimize quality parameters
- Develop new bio-products
- Participate in institutional sponsored research activities
- Provide mentorship for internship and doctoral programs and enhance the knowledge base of the company through publications
- DSIR certification in 2013 supports new product development, existing product quality enhancement, and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- 2.90 crore worth of research projects sponsored by the Government of India. (BIRAC-SBIRI, BIRAC-CRS, and DST are some examples).
- The research outcome of the recently concluded projects includes Biocontrol agents
- Tricoderma asperellum 2% AS
- Beauveria bassiana 5% AS
- Metarhizium anisopliae 5% AS
- We have 17 CIB&RC Registered and 24 ECOCERT certified products in our cart.
Varsha focuses on product development through innovative research which caters to the increasing need of the farming community who look for products that are environmentally friendly and safe acting as an alternative to toxic agricultural chemical inputs. More than being a business, Varsha aims to lead the world with the help of innovative R&D for a social cause.